Moving Bottle Conditioning Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJHG_1

Reaction score
I bottled my beer 3 days ago. The air conditioning is getting fixed at my place right now so it's HOT. I didn't want the bottles to explode so I moved them to my friend's house the same day I bottled them. The AC will be fixed tomorrow so I wanted to pick them up from my friend but I also don't want exploding bottles. Do I have to be worried about bottle bombs while jostling the bottles around while moving them?

You really only need to worry about bottle bombs if your calculations for the carbonation was off or if your beer wasn't finished fermenting before you bottled.
Temperature may play a small role but if the carbonation is correct you can treat them like any other bottle of beer.
If you're afraid of your calcs being off you can open a bottle to see the carbonation level. If it looks normal you don't have to worry so much. If it gushes out full of fizz you may have problems.

No. Bottle bombs occur when there is too much sugar left to ferment or an infection adds pressure to the calculated amount. Handling properly conditioned homebrew is no different than buying BMC.

Thank you for your responses! I have been erring on the side of a little less priming sugar because I have been consistently overcarbing my beer (I'm still new to this). Also I let the beer ferment for a month and the gravity readings were stable and around 1.008 or 1.009.

Latest posts

Back