moving as a brewer sucks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackattack

Reaction score
Pipeline is diminishing. Too much work to get house on market to brew and staging home leaves no room for supplies.

On the bright side....new house being built will have a garage completely dedicated for brewing and a large portion of basement for serving. :)

Anyone else in a similar boat?

That was me exactly a year ago. It'll take a while to get a respectable pipeline going because there's always stuff to do around a new house, not to mention the "honey-do" list, but it'll get there. Cheers, and hang in there!

I just moved a month ago. All i have on tap is an imperial stout and a 8% Belgian Blonde Fermented with brett nanus. Either one is an every day drinker.

I just brewed for the first time since the move. it went well but the process feels odd in the new space. I also have to deal with a new set of neighbors thinking i'm making meth or moonshine.

The hardest part of the move for me was moving 15 gallons of sour beer.

I close at the end of the month. I am renting a Uhaul for just my brewing stuff because the moving company idiots would probably beat the hell out of it.

Yes it does. I did it last year. I'm glad I didn't have the collection I do now.

Yeah, we are looking at moving in the next couple of months. I dont look forward to moving my brewing equipment, setting up 50 amp 220 service, and moving the rest of the garage.

I moved last year. All of my beer was gone before I left due to having to clear out the brew garage for "staging" bs. I also mowed my hops down and leveled the sweet trellis I built just before harvest since it was an "eyesore". Sucks to move. I enjoyed the last of my brew that I did bring along (cider) in Jan.

Since then, I've not brewed a single batch since my old brew equipment won't fit in the new place. I should go and get some apple juice though just to make something. I'm slowly getting a little brew shed built, so it'll work out in the end! Keep the faith, bro!

ps. I hope the new yuppie people that bought my place enjoy the complementary "vines" that keep sprouting up! LOL.

LOL - I did that to the poor chaps that got my old place. I dug up the rhizomes the best I could but knew some were getting left behind.

I know exactly what you mean....I had 25g of pipe line and 2 taps flowing at all times in my "brewshed in Florida. THen we moved to North GA, and had to start all over....Just recently finished converting the back porch into my bar/smoke room....brewing in the garage....
Before
1270474_508129942610504_1202038047_o.jpg

After
1381985_508732075877485_1982531666_n.jpg

Not 100% finished but it's getting close. I just got the kegorater hooked back up, and beer fermenting to go on tap. This weekend I will brew more to build the pipe line back!!!

Working on the moving process myself. The realtor has already told me (many times over) that we have too much stuff, which in includes my beer room. Now we're a month out from going on the market, and I'm making choices about what stuff to put in storage. Fortunately, the only thing on my house wish list is a dedicated brew space. I'm not looking forward to this whole process.

We'll be moving in the next 6 months, like as not. I'm not looking forward to relocating all my equipment, plus my cellar, plus all my guitars and related equipment - and my books, music, etc etc.
Fortunately, we'll be keeping this house (it's a 2 family) as a rental, so we won't have to worry as much about staging and getting everything cleared out for staging and so forth.
I know that if we had to stage anything for sale, we'd need to get a storage unit to clear things out.
The good news is that presuming we get an appropriate house, I get to get a kegorator, dedicated brew area, a grilling / smoking area, etc...

Heh. No kidding. Moved a ton of times, and each time had to close down shop. Finally we moved into a 'fixer-upper' that would be 'fun' to, you know, re-do the kitchen (down to the studs) and then the bathroom, and then the baby room, and then... years go by and no brew. I'm just recovering now.

Actually, as an academic with a personal library (Ph.D. in philosophy), I think I've had the worst moving combination: boxes filled with books + all the fragile brewing crap.

I moved last year and lost/misplaced my rims and controller as well as my silicon tubing. I ordered more tubing but with a newborn I have not had a chance to dig through the garage to see if it is really gone or not. Brewing without the RIMS sucks to the point I do not even like to brew anymore. (Brewing at work also kills the hobby.)

I am waiting until we own our home before I start up my sours, I am not about to try to move 3 old hoff stevens kegs fullish from the basement.

Best of luck to you!

Back