Mounting gas manifold in keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naked_Eskimo

Reaction score
Is there anyway to mount a gas manifold onto the freezer (inside) if there is no collar on the freezer?

Right now I have a 3-way manifold that is hanging loose, and all the cables and kegs are getting very cluttered. Would like to get the manifold off the floor of the keezer, which will also help get the gas lines in a nicer/neater layout.

Any suggestions welcome (except for build a collar!).

Have you tried using a construction adhesive like Liquid Nails? I know putting holes into the freezer wall is probably something you're trying to avoid. Another suggestion is to attach a slim block of wood using the adhesive and then use wood screws to attach the manifold to that. You may get a better bond between the wood block and the plastic freezer wall.

well...there IS always building a collar....seriously tho assuming it is a chest freezer I can think of a few ways --

1. if the inside of the freezer is metal (and your manifold is stainless) you could try using some rare-earth magnets.

2. I could see something like using a wire coat hanger to fashion a type of sling that will go over the side of the freezer and hold the manifold. (I'm thinking like the hooks you put over an interior door to hang things on the back of a door).

3. you could mount it to the lid (based on other posts here on homebrewtalk no coolant lines run in the lid of the freezer)

Is that true about there being no coolant lines or any other delicate systems in the lid? If so, maybe drilling it into the lid with thick plastic nails may be the way to go.

I do like the magnet idea as nothing permanent is done to the freezer (thinking resale). Need to check if the side walls are magnetic or not.

Is that true about there being no coolant lines or any other delicate systems in the lid? If so, maybe drilling it into the lid with thick plastic nails may be the way to go.

I do like the magnet idea as nothing permanent is done to the freezer (thinking resale). Need to check if the side walls are magnetic or not.

Yes, there are no lines up there.

I mean, think about it, the only connection that the lid has to the body are the hinges, and there ain't no coolant lines in those.

Can you post a picture of your manifold? You may be able to get a coupler and attach it directly to the regulator. That's what mine is like.

Manifolds are pretty heavy so magnets are probably out. Putting it in the lid would need bolts all the way through I would think to anchor it.

This is one of the reasons I'm such a big fan of the collar. I have a fan, 4 way secondary regulator, 4 taps, a handle, the thermostat (outside) and all the cables that need to run in/out and have done almost zero damage to the freezer. The only thing I had to do that I couldn't revert is cutting the old weather stripping off. I can replace that though if I need to roll things back.

Back