Mounting Bolt size for Banjo Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rushis

Reaction score
Despite my half-arse search attempts, I haven't been able to find the mounting bolt size for a BG14 (banjo burner). I am mocking up a three tier brewstand and would like to design slotted burner supports appropriately.

Can anyone tell me what the size/threading on the mounting bolts are for a BG14?

If you don't have an answer by tomorrow, I'll check my threads on mine. I keep my brewery at a local brewpub, so I won't be down there until tomorrow.

You may want to wait until you have your burners to make a mounting bracket. They're a lot heavier than you think, and I ended up straying away from a slotted "easy to adjust" bracket. I ended up making metal strips with holes 1/2" apart. If I need to adjust my burner height, it's a little harder, but I have a feeling these won't give me as many issues as a slotted design. You may have problems with them sliding down as the metal heats up and cools down.

Metric M6 IIRC. I was just going through this the other week. This is assuming they all come from the same factory and are all threaded to the same spec.

FWIW, the big box hardware stores (near me anyway) have a panel mocked up with assorted nuts and thread bolt ends which are labelled. If you have a screw or nut of unknown size, it's pretty easy to take it in and see which size it mates up to.

Back