Most useful super power to help with brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So I was brewing up some beer recently and I tossed my wort chiller in and thought to myself, damn, if I had iceman's power, this wort would be chilled already. I think in my opinion being able to cool stuff like that would be the coolest help out with beer brewing super power.

What do you guys think? Which superhero's power would you want to help out with your brew day and why? Has to be a super hero though, marvel, DC etc. No pulling stuff out of your ass, i.e. everything he touches turns to alcohol...

Couldn't Superman travel in time by flying around the earth really fast? That would beat sitting around waiting for your beer to condition. And then if it sucked you could go back and fix it.

If I was Spawn I suppose I could summon the fires of hell to get the wort boiling. I have to believe that hellfire-brewed beer has to taste better than regular beer.

Couldn't Superman travel in time by flying around the earth really fast? That would beat sitting around waiting for your beer to condition. And then if it sucked you could go back and fix it.

I don't think he'd even be strong enough to overcome the force as he approached the speed of light :D

Iodophor Man - with his iodine breath he only needs to breathe on something to sanitize it ready for brewing.

Wasn't there a super hero, or maybe super villain, that could make plants grow? That would be pretty sweet, "I want 10lbs of Cascade, Columbus, and Challenger" *SHAZAAM* and there are are the hops:rockin:

O sure just go ahead and mess with the space time continuum for the sake of beer. Very selfish, very very selfish...;)

Gotta have fire from the eyes for the quick boil, and frost breath to cool the wort.
Gotta shoot starsan from your wrist canon.
Power over the water to flood at clean up.
super concentration (So you don't forget the 15 minute hop addition)
and have that cool belt with finished beer on hand at all times.
Cut abs and a chiseled jaw to impress the ladies...
Duff Man....OOHHH YAAAA

Let's see...Aquaman could talk to things that live in the water. Yeast live in fermenting beer, which is mostly water. Therefore, I would want to communicate with the yeast. You know, they could tell you what's going on in there, whether there are any microbial intruders, that sort of thing.

Aquaman with a twist. I would be able to piss perfectly chemically balanced water based on the style of beer and at the right strike temp.

Superman, depending on what generation of comics you are looking at, could move fast enough, just like the Flash, to break the Time barrier and move back in time... that whole "spin the world backward" thing was a stupid hollywood gimick

No pulling stuff out of your ass, i.e. everything he touches turns to alcohol...

I thought Jesus could do that at will?

Anywho, I guess I would want to be like Rogue. Becuase if anyone had a super cool power to be useful for brewing I would just leech from them till they die and get the power permanantly.

That would give me the power to have all powers... and thats the best one of all isnt it? :ban:

Superman has the most brewing utility. He can use his laser eyes to heat strike water and step mash and he can also use his breathe to chill the wort. At least he used both in the Superman movies.

The invisible man, then I could sneak into biermunchers house and grind the top on his ridiculous looking junk.

Definitely communicating with the yeast: "More sour!" "More Funk!" Whoa, easy fellas!" etc. "Make me beer taste like Westy." ;)

teleportation, so i could instantly teleport to the hop fields and back, with the ability to do the freshest ever wethopped IPAs!!

Damn, kenb, you're in Silverton. The hop fields aren't THAT far away, you lazy bastige!

For my superpower, I'd like the jedi mind trick so I can a) get people to try real beer, and 2) so I can get 2005 prices on hops.

The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster is an evil brewer that uses beer to terrorize The City. He hates inferior beers and blew up ST Louis and Golden, CO with beer-bombs. In his later exploits, his yeast men terrorize the heroes of The City until they go dormant.

wildwest450 wrote:
. . . . then I could sneak into biermunchers house and grind the top on his ridiculous looking junk.

Is it just me, or is there something a bit perverted about this?

Mr. Clean isn't a superhero, but I wouldn't mind having the white tornado around at the end of a brewing session. Maybe I could attach a mower blade to the bottom & get it to cut the blackberries as well.

Back