most hops you've ever put in a 5 gallon batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebamaking

Reaction score
Sorry i couldn't be a little more specific in the title of this post. i was in particular wondering how much hops any of yall have used in around a 7 percent ipa for a 5 gallon batch. i think i might have just made hop tea with alcohol...:ban:

Something to think about,
anything over 100 IBU, The taste pallet cant tell the difference.
So, hops are great...but at a certain point your just throwing your $$$ down the drain.

I am making that on Tuesday. Have you tried it yet? If so, how is it? I am anticipating it to strip the enamel off my teeth.

I split the batch with a friend and was glad I did.

I've had 2-3 bottles, its really really good though. I've had several friends try it, and the general reaction is the same.

"Not that hoppy... Ive had worse"

about 2/3 the way into a pint....

"wow, the hops really set in on this huh..."

almost done with the pint

"I don't think ill have another one of those"

:mug:

Im excited to see how it conditions more in the bottle.

I made an 10.5% ABV IIPA with 16 oz overall (including dry hops) for 104.4 IBU. Initial tastes were close to overpowering, but got better with time. The final product ended up pretty damn good after a couple of months and ended up tasting somewhat similar to Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, which I think is around 102 IBUs.

Latest posts

Back