• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts Mosaic Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are local to me you can pick up at the buy. Most of the second bag is gone. I will do one more after that but that is all I have time for.

I realize you're busy with life/work/group buys, but I'd like to let you know I, and probably everyone else in this thread, really appreciate this sale! Thanks for taking the time to offer this to us tiny brew scrubs! Lol! It's a good deal for us to who can't buy in ginormous quantities.

You've created a national group buy! Lol! :mug:

I realize you're busy with life/work/group buys, but I'd like to let you know I, and probably everyone else in this thread, really appreciate this sale! Thanks for taking the time to offer this to us tiny brew scrubs! Lol! It's a good deal for us to who can't buy in ginormous quantities.

You've created a national group buy! Lol! :mug:

No worries I have been a homebrewer since 1993. So home brewing is near and dear to my heart

I'm for sure in. If, like Yooper, it requires you to pack mine into a single 2# bag to get the cheaper shipping, I will do that. I can always split them once here.

So if I counted right, @scriv was the last member on the list making 39# accounted for. After that, another handful of members asked for a total of 8 pounds.

That said, if you can either PM your post your PP address, I'm happy to send money. Was the decision that shipping for a pound would be a flat rate of $5.50?

Thanks!

Awesome- please put me down for 2#, and I'll pay when you're ready. Thank you so much for doing this!

Miss Yooper - what will you do with all that Mosaic? I've only used it in one beer so far in combination with Pacific Jade. Have you ever used it as only hops?
Sorry for seemingly going off-topic but if I can find other uses for it I might get convinced to get one more # as well. :mug:

I would like a pound if still available. Would you please bump my order to two. Sorry for the update

Miss Yooper - what will you do with all that Mosaic? I've only used it in one beer so far in combination with Pacific Jade. Have you ever used it as only hops?
Sorry for seemingly going off-topic but if I can find other uses for it I might get convinced to get one more # as well. :mug:

I've only used it once.

But...........on Saturday we had a wonderful beer called Yellow Rose by Lone Pint Brewery (from Magnolia, TX) while we were road tripping at Jester King/Stanley's Farmhouse Pizza around Austin.

Here's the description:
Yellow Rose
A SMaSH, Single Malt and Single Hop, IPA using a caboodle (technical term for a large amount of malt) of malt and a new hop released in 2012 called Mosaic (HBC 369). It is a daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14), one of our favorite hops. Whole cone Mosaic is used for bittering, flavoring, and aroma in the kettle; it is also massively dry hopped. The beer is named after a Texas Heroine.
Tasting notes: chalk-white head with a very clean malt backbone. The hops impart strong grapefruit, pineapple, and blueberry flavor and aroma. A strong beer that is extremely quaffable.
ABV: 6.8% IBUs: 62

And that's been my experience with mosaic. It had a distinct grapefruit to it, but not as single dimension like cascade or amarillo. It was fruity, but not tropical like citra or like 'jolly ranchers' like el dorado. It has a depth to it that we love, but not sweet or weird, and not too flowery like some hops have.

I guess that is why it's 'mosaic'- there is a lot going on there. I make 10 gallon batches, and lots of IPAs/APAs, so a pound of hops does go quick for me.

I've only used it once.

But...........on Saturday we had a wonderful beer called Yellow Rose by Lone Pint Brewery (from Magnolia, TX) while we were road tripping at Jester King/Stanley's Farmhouse Pizza around Austin.

Here's the description:
Yellow Rose
A SMaSH, Single Malt and Single Hop, IPA using a caboodle (technical term for a large amount of malt) of malt and a new hop released in 2012 called Mosaic (HBC 369). It is a daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14), one of our favorite hops. Whole cone Mosaic is used for bittering, flavoring, and aroma in the kettle; it is also massively dry hopped. The beer is named after a Texas Heroine.
Tasting notes: chalk-white head with a very clean malt backbone. The hops impart strong grapefruit, pineapple, and blueberry flavor and aroma. A strong beer that is extremely quaffable.
ABV: 6.8% IBUs: 62

And that's been my experience with mosaic. It had a distinct grapefruit to it, but not as single dimension like cascade or amarillo. It was fruity, but not tropical like citra or like 'jolly ranchers' like el dorado. It has a depth to it that we love, but not sweet or weird, and not too flowery like some hops have.

I guess that is why it's 'mosaic'- there is a lot going on there. I make 10 gallon batches, and lots of IPAs/APAs, so a pound of hops does go quick for me.
You convinced me! I find over time the flavor qualities changes dramatically from strawberry to grapefruit etc.

crazyirishman34 - would you please bump my order to 2# as well?

You convinced me! I find over time the flavor qualities changes dramatically from strawberry to grapefruit etc.

crazyirishman34 - would you please bump my order to 2# as well?

Funnycreature and I will have all 4# that we are ordering sent to his house in a single box, to save on shipping. Can you split them up into single pound bags though?

Back