Morning Glory Wine Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnootz

xxx
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? They've been blooming lately and I've been wondering, but a little research is only turning up bad stoner recipes. Is it possible to make wine with a little extra kick?

Quick internet search: Fortunately, eating morning glory flowers is not dangerous, unless the child chokes. BUT the seeds can be poisonous, especially in large quantities. They contain a chemical similar to LSD. Symptoms can range widely, from diarrhea to hallucinations.

So unless you are looking for a "trip" I would avoid them.

Quick internet search: Fortunately, eating morning glory flowers is not dangerous, unless the child chokes. BUT the seeds can be poisonous, especially in large quantities. They contain a chemical similar to LSD. Symptoms can range widely, from diarrhea to hallucinations.

So unless you are looking for a "trip" I would avoid them.

ayup. And in some areas nationwide, because of their psychotropic properties and hazards to kids they are even illegal to have.

As much as I like Morning Glories, I doubt they have much taste. I'd say give it a 1 gallon go, and start with 1 glass, and see what happens. You won't die...but yeah, diarrhea?

Back