MoreBeer Torpedo Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two words: taller collar. :)

I have two of the shorter 5-gallon Torpedoes and they fit on the hump, whereas the slimlines do not. Using the slimmer Torpedoes or regular Corny Kegs I can get four on the floor of the keezer, two on the hump.

Those are good tips, but yeah I don't think something like that will work for my setup. My goal is to get everything built in under the counter. I had another thread about that here if you are curious:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=629532

Since I tend to prefer to do more frequent but smaller batches I think the 2.5 torpedos are a good solution. I should be able to fit two in either the standard or slimline, but the exact height will make the difference with getting an extra shelf for other storage.
If it were a hair under 22 inches I could fit at least one five gallon without having to worry about significant modifications.

Does anyone have a hell of a time getting the Torpedo kegs to seal? I have six old ball lock kegs that work awesome and one Torpedo that won't seal for ****. So its not like I can't seal a keg.

I have 3 Torpedoes and don't have problems with them. Before I bought my first one I did read similar complaints, though... I rolled the dice and it worked out for me so I bought some more and my luck held out. Maybe there's some manufacturing variance.

Does anyone have a hell of a time getting the Torpedo kegs to seal? I have six old ball lock kegs that work awesome and one Torpedo that won't seal for ****. So its not like I can't seal a keg.

I had a hard time with one and I called MoreBeer (where I got it from). They recommended seating the lid unlatched and then sealing it with co2. After it's fully sealed then latch it. I've never had a problem with it since.

Back