More Keezer Pr0n

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlewiscross

Reaction score
I am sure my story is the same as many other members on this forum. When I began my journey into home brewing I was excited about each step of the process. Everything from reading john Palmer’s how to brew to the actual brewing and yes; even bottling.
The excitement of bottling soon died.
A few weeks ago I decided to scour the internet for keezer builds and information on kegging. Today, I am almost there. All I lack is the actual kegging equipment.
Since the weather in Georgia is not good enough to travel to the local home brew shop for kegs and what not I guess my time is better spent sharing my creation with any other disgruntled brewer looking for a way to cut down on the amount of time they spend washing bottles.

This is my first time building one of these. I suspect I will build another one at the end of the year and donate this one to one of my other brewing buddies. Please let me know what you think of the progress so far. I am definitely looking for constructive criticism before I am too far along to make changes.

2014-02-04 15.43.01.jpg

2014-02-04 17.51.19.jpg

2014-02-04 18.10.57.jpg

2014-02-06 17.40.48-2.jpg

2014-02-11 16.57.42.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the freezer was in rough shape but it worked well. I bought some 1x12 white pine to build the collar. I stained the wood with a “cabernet” stain. I thought that was fitting.
The collar is hinged to the freezer so I don’t have to lift kegs so high.
In its’ previous life this freezer sat in a mechanics garage and was used as a work bench. I tried to straighten out the metal lid and glue it down with liquid nails. When I couldn't get the lid held down well enough with some homebrew I scraped that Idea and screwed the lid to the collar.
To pretty up the lid I used chair rail topped with quarter round trim to cover the ugly edges and the unfinished sides of the plywood top.

I will upload more pictures when I get the faucets installed and everything clear coated/ polyurethane coated.

Back