Alabama Montgomery area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

That's what she said!
Reaction score
Anyone near Montgomery area of know of any LHBS? I found some old ones still showing on some maps but links are dead. Anything else in the area?

Slim pickens over there, and in the panhandle in general. I think the only one left in that area is Whistle Stop - Homebrew and Winemaking Supplies | Whistle Stop Brew Shop | Opelika

I know you guys used to have more because I was scared they were going to ship me there so I looked up everything around there.

I mostly bought my stuff online from Rebel back when they were super-awesome, and More Beer! And before ABInBev bought them, Northern Brewer/Midwest.

I had one local-ish near me, an hour away, that I'd visit from time to time. Gary's in PCola. He was nice, and his prices on most stuff was decent. But his selection was not good, and his price on grains was not competitive with online prices, even with shipping full sacks. But it was inconvenient, and no telling what was going to be in stock by the time I got there. I could have ordered and picked up, but if I was shopping online, I'd shop online for better prices.

Thanks! I did find this shop by looking at Google maps. Seems like there is one in Birmingham as well, about the same distance. Any clue if that one still open?

I did send an online note to the Whistle Stop store. Still awaiting a response...

Old thread but there is Alabrew in Pelham. Bit of a drive from Montgomery but Kim knows his stuff. About a 35 minute drive for me in Trussville. They have a good selection of supplies and lots of good clone kits he has developed.

Old thread but there is Alabrew in Pelham. Bit of a drive from Montgomery but Kim knows his stuff. About a 35 minute drive for me in Trussville. They have a good selection of supplies and lots of good clone kits he has developed.
I believe I saw this store on a google map. Short drive for me, Prattville actually. Hoping to get full sacks to save shipping.

Scott is a local homebrewer & happy to help out area homebrewers at whistle stop.. We locals always get in on the full sack orders that occur from time to time, but he can always help you out!

Thanks, never heard back from them so until something improves with their customer relations, no thanks.

Back