Monster Trucks=Redneck Fun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
I work for an auto parts warehouse that sells, among other things, NGK spark plugs. Since the Monster Jam is going to be at the Georgia Dome tomorow, and NGK is a big sponsor, NGK sent the driver, Tom Meents and the monster truck MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION to our store for publicity.

Tom is a real cool guy, and the monster truck is bad ass. He was signing autographs and shaking hands and getting his picture taken. Kids were climbing on top of the tires and even getting up into the truck and sitting in the drivers seat. Well, not just the kids, me too...

Anyway, I have a 4 hear old son that was born deaf. He hears now with a choclear implant, which is a bionic ear. I asked Tom if I went and got him would he fire this bad boy up so Austin could hear it. He of course said yes, so I picked him up at his after shool day care and brought him back to work.

When we got there, Austin was all excited about the big truck. He was climbing all over it, and getting his picture taken of course. Then he climbed up into the drivers seat. Tom and I climbed up there with him (the floor board of this thing is 5 feet high) and Tom sat in the drivers seat and put Austin on his lap. He flipped some switches and pulled some knobs, and then he told Austin to push the starter button and Austin started the Monster Truck! It was so loud I thought it would scare him, but he looked out of the window and said "bye bye, see 'ya wayter"!

It was real cool and Tom Meents is a first class guy. We are going to the Monster Jam tomorow at the Georgia Dome and cheering for MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION! Redneck Fun!!

Tom Meents kicks *ss, Those monster truck drivers always put on a great show and greet the fans before and after the shows. Even some of us yankee's like that stuff max-d is the best truck out there. I'm glad he made you and your sons day. :rockin:

Tom (along with the rest of the Monster Jam members) is a class act and always remembers his fans. After every show he goes into the stands and gives away his helmet.
So nice to hear that your son had a great day!

Wow, now I feel better being stuck at work on a Saturday night covering my boss's shift so he could take his nephews to the dome. Great fun for all at those events. I'd just be at home gettin hammerd though!

I have to admit, I did not know that Monster Trucks had progressed to the point they have since the last time I saw them maybe 25 years ago. I watched them on speed vision last night, and that was pretty cool. We went to the Georgia Dome tonight and it was really cool. Tom actually won the freestyle event.

I did not take the little guy. I just had two tickets, and I did not want to deal with him by myself in a crowd of 67,000, so my wife and I went. Maybe next year he will be ready for this.... I know I will be ready! I guess I am a fan of Monster Trucks now. Awesome!

And hey BrewDawg! I see we have a noobie in Atlanta. Welcome to HBT! What part of town do you live?

mrk305 said:
I have to admit, I did not know that Monster Trucks had progressed to the point they have since the last time I saw them maybe 25 years ago. I watched them on speed vision last night, and that was pretty cool. We went to the Georgia Dome tonight and it was really cool. Tom actually won the freestyle event.

I did not take the little guy. I just had two tickets, and I did not want to deal with him by myself in a crowd of 67,000, so my wife and I went. Maybe next year he will be ready for this.... I know I will be ready! I guess I am a fan of Monster Trucks now. Awesome!

And hey BrewDawg! I see we have a noobie in Atlanta. Welcome to HBT! What part of town do you live?

Allways a day late and a dollar short my dad used to say,.. never knew what that meant back then. most all of us know now! Mrk I feel your pain. I have a couple of little guys and the Ted was pretty scary. They will never remember what the score was or how bad the traffic was, but they will always remember being there with their ol man, I hope anyway. I will always remember my pop saying "day late dollar short" even when it was just fulton county feild.;)

Back