Monster Energy Drinks attack VT Microbrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe instead of just *not* buying Monster energy drinks, we ought to seek out to consume a lot of Rock Art beers, hmmm? He's going to have to pay for that lawsuit!

We get Rock Art in AZ, but it's kind of a sore spot, since they kind of appropriates the AZ rock art (petroglyph) thing.

Like AZ Iced tea is made in Brooklyn.

We hates teh kokopelli here. Too many fat women with 10 cats wear kokopelli sweatshirts.

Another company with a 'monster' beer name is Brooklyn Brewery's Monster (barlywine) ale:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/2231

I emailed Brooklyn Brewery and recommended they help out Rock Art with their lawsuit, as it would be good publicity AND would snip this lawsuit in the bud before Monster comes after BB for their barleywine name. I recommend others send a short email to BB as well (www.brooklynbrewery.com)

How about an old fashioned smear campaign:

HANS.jpg

Chief Executive Rodney C. Sacks

How about an old fashioned smear campaign:

HANS.jpg

Chief Executive Rodney C. Sacks

Wow, with a name like Rod Sacks, it makes a smear campaign almost too easy.

I just called Hansens Beverage Company at 1-800-HANSENS and gave them a piece of my mind. They actually have someone answer the phone pretty promptly and are annoyingly friendly. She could tell I was pissed.

I said that people who drink craft beer are passionate and have money. While the market for monster and craft beer may be different, the market for craft beer and hansens' "natural sodas" are pretty close. Emphasize the fact that we are many and we are more educated, more tech savvy, and bigger consumers of high-end beverages than the general population.

I sent them a message. I didn't end it with a hearty f*** you, but I did make them aware that I will not be purchasing their products and intend to spread the word about their business practices.

Sent my 0.02 along as well:
I recently heard about a legal move made by your company that is demanding that Rock Art Brewery rename their long loved and enjoyed Vermonster barley wine. This is an absolutely appalling and deplorable action on the part of Hansen's. I'm sure you've already received a large volume of angry mail over this, and hopefully it shows that your consumers won't stand for this.

I will not be drinking any of your company's products until this law suit is dropped.

For the record, here is a list of companies you may want to go after next, in case you decide proceeding with this lawsuit is a good idea:
- monster.com
- Ben and Jerry's (they make a Vermonster sundae)
- Monster Cables
- All monster truck rallies
- Sesame Street
- Avenue Q

Kind Regards,
Colin Burton

You better add Disney to that list for Monster's Inc. Someone might get confused and accidentally buy a DVD

So what if the Loch Ness Monster wanted to start marketing a line of natural energy drinks? Man, he would be screwed.

I buy monster, well I DID buy monster, a couple times a week... Well, now I don't buy monster. And the money I would have spent on Monster for the year can go to Rock Art for their court fees if they want it... and I emailed Hansen saying just that.

This complaint is in regards to the the 'Cease and Desist'
letter sent from Hansen Beverage to Rock Art Brewing Company in Vermont... This is simply the worst type of corporate strong-arming and greed that I have seen in a while.

I drink Monster at my desk maybe twice a week... Well, that's not going to happen anymore. You make and ok energy drink, but you obviously have a sleazy management team. All the money I would have spent on Monster this year will be sent to Rock Art Brewery as a donation for their court fees... Or maybe I'll just buy a crap load of Vermonster.

Sincerely
Bryan Read

Well, Monster is among the BMC's of energy drink and I don't drink it.
Hansen's is filing an injuction based on their PLAN to produce beer?
So does that mean I can get arrested because I want to smack them in their F%$)&@g mouth?

sent along my .02 as well.

Me too. Pisses me off everytime I read this kind of thing. I wonder if there is a lawyer out there who shares the passion that could write a copy paste letter to really get their attention. I've already sent my letter, however I'm sure that more people would be motivated if that were available.

Who wants to setup an mass email spammer with a big F You Monster, signed Lover of small business and good beer. and just crash his emaiL?

Sent mine as well. I read this kind of stuff and just start grinding my teeth. I was about to go down to the lounge and buy a monster no joke. Guess it's back to cheap coffee for me...

well it's good that it's getting national attention. hopefully more people will write monster and Hasens about this.

Another company with a 'monster' beer name is Brooklyn Brewery's Monster (barlywine) ale:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/2231

I emailed Brooklyn Brewery and recommended they help out Rock Art with their lawsuit, as it would be good publicity AND would snip this lawsuit in the bud before Monster comes after BB for their barleywine name. I recommend others send a short email to BB as well (www.brooklynbrewery.com)

Beat me to the punch here... actually I am confused why they would go after the little Vermonster first when they could go after the bigger Monster in Brooklyn. That proves it's just a frivolous suit, and they know they don't have grounds because Rock Art owns the trademark, they are just hoping to bully them into giving the name up so they can come in and use it in Vermont.

If they are really serious Brooklyn WILL be sued next.

How is it their beer is sold in 4-5 states in the northeast, and then in Arizona? That is some strange distribution.

Like someone else said, I'm surprised it wasn't the jerkoffs over at Monster Cable.

Story is currently listed on the front page of http://money.cnn.com - 'Monster' lawyer takes on small brewery.

(it's actually a link to this article)

Ha, check out the poll halfway down the page on the article.

Would you confuse Vermonster beer with Monster Energy Drink?
Yes, drunk or not, it is confusing. 75 (1.8%)
No, they're as different as energy drink and beer. 3987 (98.2%)

Get your $hit together, Hansen

I drank the ocassional monster, until now. No more. My sons like them, I suppose I should let them know that I won't be buying it for them anymore.

Latest posts

Back