Monster Chinook Leaves and Side Shoots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cas3439

Reaction score
This is my 3rd year Chinook (I have other varieties in the Hop Field). This thing has always produced huge leaves and now this year the side shoots are longer than my arms! While I was checking them out, I notice a bunch of Daddy Long Legs (aka Harvestmen, or Opiliones). I wasn't sure if they were harmful or not so I looked them up and was delighted to see some of their appetite quenchers. "Average harvestmen eat a wide variety of foods, including: aphids, caterpillars, beetles, flies, mites, small slugs, snails, earthworms, spiders, other harvestmen, decaying plant and animal matter, bird droppings and fungi." Needless to say, I wont be getting rid of them.

20180601_124907.jpg 20180601_124837.jpg 20180601_124821.jpg 20180601_124640 copy.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Daddy long legs are great - I have them on my hops and all over my house outside. They can eat all they like.

Back