Mold in one of my kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I cleaned my kegs yesterday using my pump and some PBW. I have lines that come out from the pump's manifold I made (search for Scrubmaster 3000) to where cleaner is ran through the posts as well as the center of the keg. I usually just let the pump run cleaner through the kegs for about 20 minutes. While one keg has cleaner recirculated though it, I rinse out the previous keg of cleaner, stack it upside down to drain and then rinse out the gunk of the next keg that's ready to clean. Once dry, I put the lids back on and set them aside til they're ready to be sanitized and filled with beer.

I noticed one of my kegs had some green mold in it. I usually leave my kegs pressurized after they kick, but for some reason I purged this one. I hosed it out and scrubbed it with a PBW soaked brush before setting on the pump for recirculation. Should I also change out the Orings? I have plenty of the dip tube and post Orings, but the lids are a different story.

Could I just boil them in water as an extra precaution?

Latest posts

Back