Minnesota fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phodog

Reaction score
Hey all, My youngest son is having his 21st birthday in Rochester, Mn. He is in college in Michigan, but working in Rochester. We are travelling to Minnesota for his Birthday and wanted to indoctrinate him into the Craft Brew Brotherhood (family?) Was Thinking Surly, but noticed no tap room and no tours except Saturday, So I am looking for a great beer place to introduce him to the wonders of great beer. Any suggestions not too far from Rochester?Thanks for any help in advance, Ray.

If you were thinking of coming to the cities anyway, check out Herkimer in Mpls and Happy Gnome in St. P. Herk brews on site, great German styles and amazing food. LG is a craft beer bar with 100+ craft taps and great food, especially the beer brazed short ribs. Summit and Flat Earth do brewery tours, they're pretty much side by side on the river in St. P, you'll have to check as to when. And, I highly suggest this place, Barley John's Brewpub, it's off I-35 and County Rd D in St Anthony Villiage... GREAT BEER!! Food's ok, but the beer's amazing. It's my neighborhood brewpub, so if you go, send me a PM if you'd wanna meet for a brew or to share some homebrew. There's a lot of other great beer stuff here like the old breweries (Schmitt, Grain Belt, Gluek). You could spend a week here seeing all the beer geek sites!

Thanks Nord, sounds like a plan. Anything from Michigan I can bring you?
We plan on being in the area on the 25th, I'll holler when plans gel, Thanks for your reply.

Back