Minimizing oxidation when dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie brewer

Reaction score
Hi,lately ive started using a fermzilla and purging everything with co2 and noticed my beers are staying free of oxidation flavours. Im a bit confused as to the timing of dry hopping. Ive heard some people dry hop around day 4 to allow the yeast to consume any introduced oxygen and to ferment for 14 days to ensure the yeast clean up undesirable byproducts of fermentation. Also to only dry hop for 5 to 7 days??
Would adding hops to a bag and keg hopping introduce too much oxygen? what methods/timings are you using for pale ales? cheers brewers!

Last edited:
I ferment under pressure in corny kegs, I’ll take gravity readings throughout with a refractometer and dry hop in a bag when there is 0.010-0.006 left to go until FG. I then crank up the pressure on the spunding valve to carbonate the beer at the same time as fermentation finishes out. Once it finishes I drop to 32F for 24 hours and do a closed transfer. Works great.

Latest posts

Back