Mini-Fridge that fits 3 gallon glass carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No_Nrg

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a mini-fridge for fementation chamber that will fit a 3 gallon glass carboy. I bought this Danby model 2.6 Cu Ft fridge based on measurements, but I couldn't close the door. The height was fine, but measurements don't take into account the compressor hump at the bottom. Carboy stuck out too much. :smack:

I'm assuming all mini-fridge have this hump. Do I just need to bump up the size so i can put a carboy on the shelf above the hump?

Anyone have a mini-fridge they know fits a 3 gallon carboy with airlock? Maybe the 4.4 cu ft all fridge? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MO6V96W/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cut out the plastic front storage it should fit fine. Look under the seal and see if it's screwed in. Take it out and close the door, if it clears the carboy then you will need to cut out the plastic around the edge so you can screw the rest back on the front. Sorry I don't have a picture of how I did mine.

Are there shelves on the inside of the door? It is possible by removing the shelves you may gain enough space to fit the carboy.

If you cut out the plastic front storage it should fit fine. Look under the seal and see if it's screwed in. Take it out and close the door, if it clears the carboy then you will need to cut out the plastic around the edge so you can screw the rest back on the front. Sorry I don't have a picture of how I did mine.

Are there shelves on the inside of the door? It is possible by removing the shelves you may gain enough space to fit the carboy.

I explored that option, but the edge of the carboy sticks out of the fridge just barely. I'd still have trouble getting a full door seal even with the inner door panel off. The compressor hump takes up half the floor space.

Would fit fine if I cleared the hump, but not enough vertical space for that.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.

I'm also looking at the same Danby 2.6 cu ft fridge.

Will it fit my 2.5 gallon Torpedo keg and 5 lbs co2 tank? If not, what cu ft fridge should I get? I want something compact that wont be too big and is freezerless.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back