Mini fridge recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terzaghi

Reaction score
I posted this in kegging/bottling forums but may have been more appropriate here?

I'm looking for a mini fridge that can fit two 5 gallon ball lock kegs and a 5 lb co2 tank with double body primary regulator. I will just keep picnic taps on the kegs for now but want to build into a kegerator with tower tap when I have time. I see a lot of guides for the Danby 440BL, but that doesn't appear to be a current model. Any advice on what current model fridge fits these needs?

Thanks!

WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN CUTTING A HOLE IN THE TOP FOR THE TOWER!!! I had a perfectly good kegerator, but my cider kept coming out foamy, so I ordered a fan with a tube to go up the tower to chill it. Well, the original hole wasn't big enough so I used a hole saw to make it bigger. I did not find any coolant lines in the top, however, there must have been some as I felt very cold air coming out of the hole afterwards and now my kegerator doesn't cool. :(

Thanks for response. I ended up going the Keezer route and am in the middle of it. Will post in the Keezer thread when I'm done!

WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN CUTTING A HOLE IN THE TOP FOR THE TOWER!!! I had a perfectly good kegerator, but my cider kept coming out foamy, so I ordered a fan with a tube to go up the tower to chill it. Well, the original hole wasn't big enough so I used a hole saw to make it bigger. I did not find any coolant lines in the top, however, there must have been some as I felt very cold air coming out of the hole afterwards and now my kegerator doesn't cool. :(

Are there any wires or lines from the top to the base? I think something else happened to your freezer in the process of adding the tower. Most freezer lids and fridge doors are just an insulated door. Otherwise everyone here would be damaging their freezers when removing the lids to put a collar on.

Back