Mini-fridge conversion Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intrinziq

Reaction score
Hello homebrewers of the world, I recently grinded off the bottom of the upper freezer compartment in order to fit my 5-gallon keg into my mini-fridge. Just after I realized there are components going into the thin metal compartment and now it wont work. I noticed a small copper wire coming down and across the bottom section (inside thin metal). I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to why it won't work anymore and if there is anything I can do to repair it. thank you in advance! Here's a photo of a similar fridge in which I drew over in orange to show where I cut it.

fridge001.jpg

The part you cut is the part that makes it cold. Your just supposed to unbolt it and bend it do the back. There are plenty of builds on here. Read a few before you do any more cutting on a new fridge.

LOL! Did you actually look at that picture? Half of the cold plate has been removed, so every single refrigerant tube has been cut through and through!

I think any collateral damage is about as moot as moot gets...

Cheers! ;)

yes indeed, the part you cut is "the goods" , the evaporator, the cold-maker, that fridge is a goner without that.
Did you hear it go Psssssssssssssssssssssss ! when you cut into it, or was the grinder too loud to hear it?

Back