Millar's B3 Barley crusher?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a grain mill. Does anyone own or know anything about Millar's B3 Barley crusher? It looks too good to be true.

I read all of those 70 some odd reviews on Amazon. If the Millars B3 is as highly rated as they claim, why are there so few actual reviews/comments of it on any of the Beer Brewing web sites like this one? It just seems very strange......

I bought the B3 about two years ago. I use it on a bucket with a cordless drill and have gotten consistent results having run over 200 lbs of grain through it. The roller gap is adjustable on both sides and the set screw maintains it. Great crush and construction for the dollar and no complaints so far.

I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I'm really happy with it.

My one minor complaint is that there is a space in each corner of the hopper as it meets the rollers that allows grain to get through via the outside of the rollers. 4 pieces of tape fixed it.

Ended up setting the gap to 0.030 (0.035 gave me lousy mash efficiency).

I agree in that it's strange that these mills don't seem too well known (they probably just don't do much marketing or pushing to review sites/etc), but I've used one sporadically for a few months now and have no complaints.

Do you folks think it's on par with the Monster Mill.....my other choice???

Funny, but when I read your posts an Ad popped up on the side for 3 roller Kegco Mill for $139??? I'm betting that it's made in China.

I agree in that it's strange that these mills don't seem too well known (they probably just don't do much marketing or pushing to review sites/etc), but I've used one sporadically for a few months now and have no complaints.

same or different mill? If the same, there are some well known problems, or at least there used to be:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/barley-crusher-customer-service-297352/

EDIT to add: looks like there is a product called "The Barley Crusher" (trademarked), this product is just "barley crusher". However, design looks very similar....maybe a rebrand?

I believe that the "B3 Barley Crusher" and "The Barley Crusher" are from different companies. The B3 uses 1-1/2" stainless rollers any the other uses 1-1/4" steel . I've read a lot about "The Barely Crusher", so I knew about some issues with it. That said a lot of people love it. I came across the B3 and was amazed how little info could be found on this and other brewing sites. As for me I'm leaning heavy on the MM3.

Latest posts

Back