Military Strategy: optimal siege tactics for taking Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disrupt the power supply and RDWHAHB.

The first few hours may not be promising, as the parents will be carrying all manner of iPads to distract their cranky "digital native" offspring, but the charge on those things won't last more than half a day, max, at the required full brightness and volume to properly appreciate the masterwork that is the latest version of Angry Birds.

I give the castle's defenders 72 hours at most before they run screaming into your arms to escape the hordes of bored post-millenial junior device addicts unable to get their fix, though if I were making odds at Vegas, I'd put the over/under somewhere around 24.

That thing with the anti-vax kids has promise, too, though, I gotta admit.

Too easy. Just start a rumor that Anna and Elsa have moved inside and there is currently no wait to see them.

first answer in that list has taking out "It's a Small World" as secondary objective

nothing wrong with contingency planning in case robots from the park comprise bulk of castle defense

And this must be the site that the tourists go to find their targets and tactics. Pretty soon you will be seeing children with epic beards and vests assaulting the castle.

Surround the castle, choke off all supply, bombard with trebuche, attack their reinforcements before they can mobilize. Then wait for starvation & disease to work for you. Meanwhile, make sure you guard your flanks & have sappers tunnel under the walls to both weaken them & to gain access to the interior to open the gate(s) & cause a bit of mayhem.

Surround the castle, choke off all supply, bombard with trebuche, attack their reinforcements before they can mobilize. Then wait for starvation & disease to work for you. Meanwhile, make sure you guard your flanks & have sappers tunnel under the walls to both weaken them & to gain access to the interior to open the gate(s) & cause a bit of mayhem.

Siege Warfare 101 :mug:

Back