Mild!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbram

Reaction score
Just racking my mild to secondary to free up some primary space as I don't have time to brew and bottle this weekend and I sampled a bit of the uncarbed beer. It's wonderful! I made this as a bastardized parti-gyle on the back end of a big molasses porter. This is delicate, a little nectary Newcastle Brown-ish sweetness, soft fuggles hop presence and not very overwhelming malt flavors. I thought I would make a parti-gyle mild as an experiment, but I am going to make this every time I make porter. Can't wait til it's bottled and carbed. Might actually make time to bottle on sat. Picture below!

DSC_1617.jpg

For those of us with a keg system and a self-acknowledged lack of restraint - mild is KING! Cheaper batches and we can claim to be snobs turning away from mouth-withering IPAs towards subtle brews that reflect the maker's care, love and yeast-stroking.

(sort of joking but a brewer of lotsa' low OG milds...)

Latest posts

Back