midwest supply price question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJbeer

Reaction score
I just got wind of free shipping from midwest in promotion of black friday...

the nightcap cherry stout kit is coming up as $41.50 plus mandatory yeast price.

is this normal price or slightly inflated due to the sale?

Not sure, but that looks about average for their pricing. Kit prices vary according to how complex they are, AE, AG, etc.

I don't buy kits, so I don't know the pricing, but that seems about right. Check other sites to see what similar kits cost.

I bought a few things from them this morning, and their prices don't appear to be inflated to me. In fact the items I bought, were cheaper there than anywhere else; coupled with the free shipping, I couldn't leave them.

Do you really think a quality supplier would up their prices to cover their Black Friday deal and risk pissing off the entire hombrewing community?

Do you really think a quality supplier would up their prices to cover their Black Friday deal and risk pissing off the entire hombrewing community?

i think they would without a doubt. But i no longer think they inflated this kit price. I was just surprised when the cherry stout was $12bucks more than the oatmeal stout when they are basically the same (oatmeal stout doesnt have the cherry extract, cherry stout has 4oz crystal 80 that the oatmeal doesnt, oatmeal has 8oz oats that the cherry doesnt)

for what its worth, the website still shows the kit price as $42.99 but the magazine that i received with my order shows the price as $32.49

Back