Michigan homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickser

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just found this site after looking for tips on making my current brew...attempting my first lager. Hoping to get some good tips from everyone. I'll let you know how this batch turns out.

damnanother one? welcome from a fellow michigander!

so where in michigan are you from? ya know it's a pretty big state with a lot of area to cover.

Originally from central Michigan, but currently living in Gaylord. I've found the deep winters make for a good excuse to brew some beer.

There are no suppliers in Gaylord. I travel down state quite often so I get my supplies in Freeland. Where do you find supplies in Traverse?

TC has a place called Diversions downtown. They sell hats and have a basic selection of stuff there for homebrewing. Frankly, unless I needed yeast or hops at the last minute, I'd rather order online than shop there. The prices are not good and the selection is poor. They have their hops hanging out on a wall, not in a fridge where they should be (IMO).

I did, however, recently buy a sack of grain from Right Brain Brewery in TC. If you do not know of this place, I recommend you check it out. Nice selection of different beers. I don't know if they would sell on a regular basis, but if you use All Grain in your brewing, it might be a source. Wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

Other than that one place, there isn't anything else in Northern Michigan that I'm aware of (unless you count that party store with even less stuff than diversions, but at least maybe they'd be open later... They are on the road around the lake, east side of town I believe. Only been there once).

Hey there! I grew up in Boyne City, and just got done talking to a friend still up there who's going to be joining up here pretty soon.

There are no suppliers in Gaylord. I travel down state quite often so I get my supplies in Freeland. Where do you find supplies in Traverse?

T.C. doesn't have much worth taking a special trip for but here are the two places I've picked stuff up when I was already in town.

Terrace Shopper, Inc
504 Munson Ave.
(Limited amount of anything mostly equipment some extract, had hops 6 months ago, none last time I stopped)

Diversions
150 E Front St.
(Some of this and that, minifridge full of yeast)

Back