Michigan Michigan Homebrew Festival 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
We are proud to announce the 7th Annual Michigan Homebrew Festival. Held annually on the 3rd weekend of August, starting Wed, August 17 though Sun, August 21, 2016 at Camp Agawam in Lake Orion, MI.

The Michigan Homebrew Festival(MHF) is a homebrewing event, which strives to unite the homebrew community for a weekend of celebration. Since its inception of the festival, it has quickly become one of the premier homebrewing events in the State of Michigan and has continued to make improvements by adding new events each year. The MHF primary goal is to capture the finest elements our hobby has to offer and showcases them during the festival weekend. Whether you want to promote your club, participate in competitions or enjoy the finely crafted beverages this festival has something to offer you.

Most of you on the east side of the state may know or have heard of this event. It is like living in a home brewers village for three days and I must say is one of my top highlights every year. Check it out if you get a chance.

http://mhfsite.com/

I would love to go to this. My calendar says I can't make it again this year. I need to make a reservation on my calendar for next year so someone doesn't sign me up for some family thing again.

I would love to go to this. My calendar says I can't make it again this year. I need to make a reservation on my calendar for next year so someone doesn't sign me up for some family thing again.

That would be fun- maybe I can talk Bob into taking a little road trip. He hates to leave the UP in the summer, since summers are so short for us. It's a long way to Lake Orion, though!

I checked my calendar and It shows Kris and I (and maybe Kim) will be going to the Ludington Suds on the Shore beer festival that weekend. We have gone pretty much every year since the first year.

I don't think we have actually purchased ticket yet though, so if you guys think you might want to come down and enjoy a homebrew festival, I could be down for that! Kris always has a good time wherever there is good food and she's quite fond of you guys.

That's got to be about a 10 hour drive?

I have seen Homercidal at Sicilianos Homebrew Party but did not know it was him at the time. Now I might get the chance for a proper introduction and a possible Yooper sighting!

I checked my calendar and It shows Kris and I (and maybe Kim) will be going to the Ludington Suds on the Shore beer festival that weekend. We have gone pretty much every year since the first year.

I don't think we have actually purchased ticket yet though, so if you guys think you might want to come down and enjoy a homebrew festival, I could be down for that! Kris always has a good time wherever there is good food and she's quite fond of you guys.

That's got to be about a 10 hour drive?

That sounds great, and I love Ludington! But I have plans to be in Chicago that weekend, visiting a fellow moderator from HBT. Let's plan something for next summer, so we can make it happen!

I have seen Homercidal at Sicilianos Homebrew Party but did not know it was him at the time. Now I might get the chance for a proper introduction and a possible Yooper sighting!

I also keep threatening to come to the Sicilianos party/competition and hopefully we could meet. I would like that.

Ok, Ludington it is then. Have fun in Chicago! It's my favorite overly-populated mega city.

Don't forget about that beer at New Holland I helped brew! (Well, I poured some grain in the mill and pulled some of it out of the mash tun, anyway...) I haven't heard when it will be released, but you are welcome to come down to try it and meet up with some of us Fudgies. Probably be about 3 weeks or so. Remember $1 from each pint goes to the West Michigan food bank. They say that $1 will buy 4 meals!

I hope it wasn't a greek God! :p

HA! I was scratching my head for a minute until I looked at my post. Gold, although I did pray to Ninkasi the evening before so that counts for something on the God level.

HA! I was scratching my head for a minute until I looked at my post. Gold, although I did pray to Ninkasi the evening before so that counts for something on the God level.

I'll have to try that next time. I don't usually pray for competitions, but I do sacrifice beer most every day, so I got that going for me...

Crap I was supposed to go to that and totally forgot! It would have been hard to make it anyway with the dog sitting I was doing at the time, so I guess it was for the best. Oh well guess I'll have to try for next year!

Congrats to you guys that won awards

Back