Michigan Brewpub Article

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder who the big microbrewery they are talking about. The biggest one I know about in Michigan Is Bell's Brewery

When was that article published? As I understand it, Fletchers hasn't been open in over a year. (My old hometown, so all news I get is second-hand)

It was sent to me by e-mail. I didn't see a date on the article. I searched on the website so maybe 3/10/08.

That would support the last I heard. I know they shut down after Christmas '08, and only reopened for a one day fundraiser that had been scheduled for March or April '09. Pisses me off that they couldn't stay open. As Nick said in the article, Alpena is pretty much Busch Light country. I usually have to take homebrew up with me to drink now.

All I know is they have an awesome brewhouse just waiting to be bought....

I can't convince the misses to make the plunge though....

In response to a question about beer geeks...

Russell: I find them annoying when they come in. They represent about one-half percent of our business. They are bloggers and they remain anonymous online and trash whatever they personally don’t like, and think they know everything.
What really gets me is these guys come in Friday at 5 p.m. during happy hour when the place is packed, and they want to carry on a one-hour conversation with the bartender. These guys don’t want to learn -- they want to impress everyone with how much they know. But does anyone really know what someone else is going to like?

Good article though. I just wish I could get some of my favorite MI beers down here.

As a former ACC student and Alpena resident, I too would really love to see Fletcher Street Brewing open up again! I have heard some small town ramblings about people looking at buying it (Kid Rock being one of the less believable ones) but nothing too serious. If anyone hears anything, be sure to post it because I really miss going in for a few (too many) pints!

Some of those comments were from another brewer also. But yes he did Sound bad with Cutting down what he was just 4 months before the article was written.

I'm sure homebrewers make up more than 1/2 of 1% of his business.

Back