Mexican Cerveza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybuffett

Reaction score
Hi all-
First time poster here...I am trying to find a good recipe for Corona or Sol. I have ordered Malt Extract kits from B3 in the past, but cant seem to find one for this. Thanks for any help!

oops! i have an AG recipe for a amber cerveza like Dos Equis Amber or Negra Modelo. let me know, and i can post it tomorrow.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

I ordered the kit from austin brew. Thanks to all who helped me. I'll let ya know how it turns out!

ssmif135 said:
Thanks for the recipe DeRoux's Broux. I might have to give that one a shot. How did yours turn out?

not sure yet? i let it lager for a little over three weeks, and force carbonated it last night. i'll let it sit until Thursday or Friday night, then tap it. it looked real good, and clear, clear, clear. just a little nervous because any little flaw in a lager will scream at you! i'll let ya'll know.....

thanks Rhoobarb for finding that post. i was busy at work and didn't have time to go back and find it :D
cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

DeRoux's Broux said:
not sure yet? i let it lager for a little over three weeks, and force carbonated it last night. i'll let it sit until Thursday or Friday night, then tap it. it looked real good, and clear, clear, clear. just a little nervous because any little flaw in a lager will scream at you! i'll let ya'll know.....

thanks Rhoobarb for finding that post. i was busy at work and didn't have time to go back and find it :D
cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Did you name that one? :)

A while back it came to me if I ever brewed a Mexican beer I'd call it "Piss Warm Chongo".
Today's question of the day: What movie did that come from?

I'm so torn....Mexican Blackbird or Piss Warm Chongo? Decisions!!!

ORRELSE said:

A while back it came to me if I ever brewed a Mexican beer I'd call it "Piss Warm Chongo".

oh yea, i "snagged" your Mexican Blackbird :D it just fit too good.

you got me on the "Piss Warm Chongo"? doesn't even ring a bell.......

ssmif135 said:
Thanks for the recipe DeRoux's Broux. I might have to give that one a shot. How did yours turn out?

i tapped it last night. it's lighter than a Negra Modelo or Dos Equis Amber, but darker than a Corona or Sol. the SRM calculation on pro mash was 6.4, but it had a nice deep golden color. had a good dry finish, w/ no after taste like you shoulkd get from a lager. a litle malty, w/ little to no hop presence. i neede to p/u a sixer of Pacifico or Dos Equis Special and compare tonight.
over all, i'm very happy with my first lager. no funky off flavors or smells. looks clean to me!
here's the numbers: OG 1.056, 20.8 IBU's, 6.4 SRM.

cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Well they sent me the wrong kit. They sent an All Grain, so if anyone has any use for it please contact me and you can have it for 7 bucks.

oohh, bummer. wish i had room and i'd take it from you. my hbs forgot to mail my grains last week. but, i got them just in time friday for brew day saturday.

DeRoux's Broux

ORRELSE said:

The quote is from the movie "Desperado" and is when Cheech and Steve Buscemi are rapping in the beginning.

Cheech: What do you want?
Buscemi: Beer.
Cheech: All I have is piss-warm Chongo.
Buscemi: That's my brand. [He takes a drink] Mmmmm...this is damn good.

Piss warm chongo sounds like a great name to me Orrelse

Oceanbrewer said:
The quote is from the movie "Desperado" and is when Cheech and Steve Buscemi are rapping in the beginning.

Cheech: What do you want?
Buscemi: Beer.
Cheech: All I have is piss-warm Chongo.
Buscemi: That's my brand. [He takes a drink] Mmmmm...this is damn good.

That be it....

Well I hate to see this go to waste so the All grain kit is free to whoever wants it. Just pay shipping.

i hate to hear that! if i had room i'd buy it from you..........

i'm suprised you have no takers on it? make a seperate post and title it "FREE BEER!". i bet you get people falling all over it!!!!

Back