Memorial Day Brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I over shot my OG so now I have a scottish 80/- fermenting. I also just racked my blonde ale onto 4# of blueberries.

Wrapped up last night at about 8. 5g each of IPA, American Brown, American Amber and American Rye

Wasn't going to work out to do the double today, so I did a Pliny the Mild Child from MattupNorth. Looked interesting.

Got the brew day done in 5 hours! Schirron plate chiller is much faster than the IC. Helps that the rythm of brew day is becoming second nature.

Also did some work on my keggerator. Sealed the bottom up well and got a fan installed to move the air better and eventually get it into the tower.

English IIPA who's recipe just kind of came to me while I was wandering the LHBS. 1.092! Tasted good and bitter considering how much sugar. First time I did a 90 min boil. Safale S 04... we'll see in about 6 weeks!

Just finished cleaning up after brewing a new Pale Ale recipe. Hit all my numbers and got some crystal clear wort after cold break, so I think this one will be a tasty one! One carboy pitched with a pack of 1056, the other with two packs of Safale 05...should be fun to compare the difference, if any. Either way it should be a tasty adult beverage!

10 gallons of a Rye Wheat with Safale 05 for me today. Unfortunately, I got careless and got a nice burn on my arm (spray from the immersion chiller shortly after I placed it into the boil), but still a good brew day.

I brewed 5gal of Brewers best steam style beer on Saturday and 5gal of BierMuncher centennial Blonde on Memorial day. The blonde was my first partial mash. I'm one step closer to A-G.

I screwed up my weekend brewing by crash cooling the wrong beer!:eek:

I went to rack my clear victory pale ale into a keg so I could use the bucket and found my Honey Pale Ale bucket in the clearing fridge. It had only fermented about 5 days before being so rudely interrupted:cross:

So, no empty buckets available until next weekend.

Back