Florida Melbourne Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
Hello, I'm moving to Melbourne beach from DC. I quit my job and plan on fishing and brewing till the money runs out!

Are there homebrew stores you might recommend? Also to extend the time till the money runs out ... group grain buys?

Cheers!

So I went there. Well stocked, prices were a bit high but I guess par for this area. I got a sort of unfriendly vibe though: courteous but somewhat cold, not interested in chatting at all. I'm sure it's a decent place but not my kind of local. There was a sign "help wanted" so I asked. I don't really need the job, just thought I could share some experience and meet some people. I was told "go to the web site" even though I was right there and the owner was right there also! Weird.

Anyway I ended up finding a place in Sebastian where the owner and his son actually were friendly and spent a good 30 mins talking recipes. Not anywhere near as well stocked, but they said they could order me what I wanted so that's my new local home brew store.

I'm not casting aspersions, just my one experience. I'm sure Brock's is a fine homebrew store.

That Sebastian store is pretty cool, I think they opened a little over a year ago? It sucks that PSL is such a dead zone, I'd love to be able to run and get bulk grain somewhere locally.

Welcome to Brevard, i live in Satellite Beach. The beer scene here is pretty small. Intracoastal is my favorite local brewery you should check them out. Whats the name of the store in Sebastian? id like to check it out.

Brew and fish, I'm jealous ... If you come to orlando check out orlandohomebrewsupplies, they are pretty nice folks.. and they have the best honey malt around. takes me an extra 8 oz at other stores to get what I want. lol I have a honey pale I love. I went to brocks once to drop off some beer for commander saaz comp and buy some stuff and I got that feel also. Hearts in orlando they are hit and miss, overall they aint to bad if they arent busy. Their grind isnt that good all the time though.

Went to FlaTech for under grad! Not a homebrewer then, so no idea of what the scene is like now ... Just saw the Melbourne FL, subject line and needed to chime in!

Welcome to Central Florida! Rockets, fishing and surfing are nice hobbies if you aren't brewing... I also live in SB and would agree about Intracoastal... Got a weird vibe from hell n blazes ownership... A bit snobby IMHO, but good beer none the less. Playalinda brewing has some good food and beer as well. Brock's has been good to me, I guess it varies by visit and who is working. Welcome to the area though!

I just put in for a job in Melbourne, (Patrick actually) and am looking for possible places to rent. Any suggestions, or places to stay away from? 2 grand a month or so.

Red tide swept in & probably killed a bit of tourism. Looks like it's on the way out so paradise is coming back and there are lots of rentals cancelled by snow birds fwiw.

Latest posts

Back