Megapot 1.2 All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrettbuckeye

Reaction score
I just received the 15 gallon Megapot 1.2 All Grain system from Northern Brewer. It landed on my doorstep 30 minutes ago, and it's already packed up and waiting to be sent back.

The first issue was that I was sent 2 different kettles. One has the etched logo, and the other is stamped. The etching is terrible (vertical stripe), as is the stamp. I wouldn't care... If they were at least the same!

The biggest issue is the false bottom doesn't even come close to fitting the mash tun (stamped kettle).

If I had my choice... I would want 2 of the older style kettles. I like the flared rim and lid better. They don't fit as snug... But it would be fine in my opinion. Honestly... I'd rather not have a logo at all. If done right... Either could be nice. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424278287.760834.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424278304.681779.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424278313.839211.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424278323.241817.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424278333.763693.jpg

After speaking with Northern Brewer on the issues... I am exchanging the whole shebang. They will not ship the replacements until they receive the order back.

I recently got this kit as well in the 15 gallon version. My false bottom didn't fit either and was scraping the pot on the insides some as I tried to put it in. I contacted Northern Brewer and they requested photos. I sent them photos of it and then the following day received the confirmation for return. I had to send it back because of the cost before they would send the replacement. The replacement got here last night and it's the same thing. It doesn't fit, and now I have scrapes on the inside of my pot. I'm beginning to get a little frustrated with this crappy fitting false bottom. I sent them a video this morning of it, so I'll see what they say. I'm even considering requesting them to replace my one pot since the false bottom scraped off some of the internal etching and left vertical scrapes down the pot. The customer service has been good, but I'm not satisfied with the fact that these false bottoms are being released to the customer without them ensuring they even fit.

Before my ordeal was over, they admitted the 15 gallon pots are the ones with the issues. They offered a free upgrade to 20 gallon, which they supposedly have no issue with. Keep good communications with them, but let them know you're not satisfied.

I passed on the free upgrade by the way. So I cannot vouch for the other pots. I do love my SsBrewtech stuff though. And NB still went above and beyond for my issues, even though I went with a different product.

Good luck.

Damn, I was just going to order the false bottom for my 15 gal Megapot. Although I just bought the pot by itself, not the kit. They were out of stock on the 15gal false bottom for a while. Maybe they fixed the issue.

Damn, I was just going to order the false bottom for my 15 gal Megapot. Although I just bought the pot by itself, not the kit. They were out of stock on the 15gal false bottom for a while. Maybe they fixed the issue.

I just got my replacement in the mail less than 2 days ago and the fit was the same as the one I sent back. They offered to replace it again, refund me 100%, or refund me 50% and I keep it. They said if I wanted to keep it and file it down to size that they would give me a 50% refund. The customer service has been good, I was just a little bummed whenever it wasn't fitting. I decided to just keep it and just file it down to size. Hopefully they'll fix it soon because it's way too big. I sent them a video of me picking the pot up by the false bottom because it got wedged in the pot about 6 inches from the bottom. It is a good quality false bottom though.

Thats a good deal I think. It is a very sturdy false bottom. With a little grinding, I'm sure you'll be happy.

With my new SsBrewtech stuff, there is a Jaybird false bottom. It's my second one, as I've had one previously in a keggle. He makes great false bottoms.

I just got my replacement in the mail less than 2 days ago and the fit was the same as the one I sent back. They offered to replace it again, refund me 100%, or refund me 50% and I keep it. They said if I wanted to keep it and file it down to size that they would give me a 50% refund. The customer service has been good, I was just a little bummed whenever it wasn't fitting. I decided to just keep it and just file it down to size. Hopefully they'll fix it soon because it's way too big. I sent them a video of me picking the pot up by the false bottom because it got wedged in the pot about 6 inches from the bottom. It is a good quality false bottom though.

Sounds like a deal. How much do you think you'll need to file off?

Latest posts

Back