Meet My New Brewbuddy!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is so hard. I think I got 20 hours of sleep in the first week - I just couldn't nap and the baby was up all hours, it seemed like! She had four nights in a row where she was up till 8-9 am, fussing and nursing all night with 10-20 minute naps here and there (and I couldn't get to sleep). I think it was a growth spurt. Last night and the night before she slept from about 11pm to 8am, with an hour or two in the middle of that where she nursed. It's a huge relief - I got 6-7 hours of sleep! And she's up during the day looking around and we play with her (as much as is possible at this stage) and she seems interested in what's going on.

Every day brings something new. Just know that the next day his schedule might be different :) And don't try to get too much else done. I have been trying to get one thing done a day (one of those included bottling my very first batch of beer, when she was about two weeks old!).

Mind you, our daughter could change her schedule back any day, too, I'm guessing! I think there's supposed to be another growth spurt around 6 and 12 weeks, and I'm trying to brace myself for the through-the-night nursing.

ETA: And I hope I don't sound like I think I'm an expert on this. This is our first, too, and we're only a few weeks ahead of you. It is nice for me to talk with someone who's just about at the same place!! :)

He is already sleeping better, and the fussy period is getting shorter, he is also spending more time looking around at the world instead of sleeping.

2 week doctor visit went very well, he is up a full pound from his discharge weight, his creepy shriveled umbilical cord chunk fell off yesterday so maybe in a couple days a baby bath will help relax him at bed time.

On a new front he has some crazy gas, at times he sounds like a howitzer on the D-day invasion. The doctor said this is normal as his digestive tract develops.

To you, your lady, your new midget, and to the fact that you kept a kid out of this god-awful foster system. Prost to you, good sir!

Cheers.jpg

(Please ignore the fizzy yellow "beer")

Well, congratulations to you guys! :mug:

And wow, I would never spend 35K on all of those procedures. Dang!

Looking back on it I would agree, however at the time the money was worth it if we were able to have a child.

I could have built a gnarly home brewery with that kind of scrilla!

Congrats, me and the wife are going to adopt in the future as well, we have 4 biological children too but I think she has an addiction to babys lol..... I like the name too, my boys are Jack and Liam.

Is it too early to make him a little mash paddle? :ban:
Never too early. A buddy of mine has two boy who each have gold plated crescent wrenches. They got them at birth.

He is already sleeping better, and the fussy period is getting shorter, he is also spending more time looking around at the world instead of sleeping.

2 week doctor visit went very well, he is up a full pound from his discharge weight, his creepy shriveled umbilical cord chunk fell off yesterday so maybe in a couple days a baby bath will help relax him at bed time.

On a new front he has some crazy gas, at times he sounds like a howitzer on the D-day invasion. The doctor said this is normal as his digestive tract develops.
We're due in December/January. It's exciting to be taking back to these times from our first. I remember looking forward to his cord falling off and his circumcision healing up so he wouldn't be so "fragile" :D

Congrats, me and the wife are going to adopt in the future as well, we have 4 biological children too but I think she has an addiction to babys lol..... I like the name too, my boys are Jack and Liam.

Congratulations! I am big fan of adoption (I was adopted as a baby)! God bless you and your family.

Congratulations! I am big fan of adoption (I was adopted as a baby)! God bless you and your family.

Thank you for making this your first post!!

I wish it were easier and cheaper to adopt though. Any pinhead can have a baby, but to adopt you need a background check, a wheelbarrow of cash, home inspections, lawyers, and a mountain of paperwork.

It's no wonder that there are so many children in the foster care system.

Woo hoo! That's the exact weight she gained at her two-week, too :) She has had two baths - one she seemed to like and the second she hated. Maybe she was just figuring out what it was the first time and decided she didn't like it.

Good to hear the fussy period is shorter. Shorter and shorter, hopefully :)

I was reluctant to post this until the paperwork went through, but yesterday at 4:30pm I got a call that the court paperwork was finalized on the newborn adoption of my little son.

Some background info... My wife and I have been married since 2000 and have been trying to have a baby since 2001, after getting nowhere we decided to try getting doctors involved.

After dropping 35k on IUI and IVF procedures that were complete failures we had given up on ever having a child of our own, adopting looked to be an impossible dream as well.

We received a phone call that a distant cousin was pregnant and not prepared to be a mother, she was planning on giving up the baby for adoption. We jumped at the opportunity.

Born July 12 at 3:33pm, at 21 inches long, a 36 cm diameter head and tipping the scales at 8 lb 8 oz....

Jackson Liam!!

2011-07-13_19_51_50.jpg

Gave me the chills! Way to step up! Congratulations to the 2 of you!! Welcome to parenthood! Now sleep in the day (if your lucky) and and wake up at 3:15 AM just to look at your little baby, and wonder what you ever did with out him! What a ride this parenthood thing is!!

You da' MAN!!

BonnieJ said:
Woo hoo! That's the exact weight she gained at her two-week, too :) She has had two baths - one she seemed to like and the second she hated. Maybe she was just figuring out what it was the first time and decided she didn't like it.

Good to hear the fussy period is shorter. Shorter and shorter, hopefully :)

Lol. Fussy period. I have a 3 year old and the fussy period is still going on...

Different kind of fussy. But still fussy.

Driving home from IL with baby in the back. I thought Iowa was boring till we went through Nebraska ..

Dad, this state is BORING!!

2011-07-31_08_49_28.jpg

Nothin but corn, cows, and bugs.

Been a while so I figured I would post up a pic from his first trip to the zoo, he has grown so much, up to 25 inches long, 14.5 lbs. he prefers to stand in your lap as opposed to sitting or laying on your shoulder.

I understand why they say they grow up so fast, they really do!

Jacksons_first_zoo_day1.jpg

Yoop, God willing we can meet in person next summer at the cabin, I have been reading a lot about Point brewery, and the top rated beers they have been turning out recently, I drive through stevens point on the way north (a family waypoint for many years), maybe a few cases happen to end up in my trunk that need consumption (again a family tradition). you can meet the little man, and we can all do a little fishing, I will drive the boat since he cannot yet swim.

Back