mechanical scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamming

Reaction score
Looking for any recommendations for a overhead scale to hang from my build. Got all my parts for a mill stand and would like a hanging scale with decent accuracy. planning on using a 5 gallon bucket.

Look for the type of scales used in the produce department of grocery stores. They are able to hold close tolerances to meet State inspection standards.

Good idea thanks. The detecto scales are nice but $800 is a bit much. Looking between $100 to $200. Will look for a used one. Cheers.

Anyone looking for a scale i thought i would follow up. Ended up with the Cas Sw 1 scale. Its a counter top scale with a 50 lb max. Made for portioning food. Very high USA quality. Has a very solid body with a stainless top. Battery or AC and comes with a adapter. Paid a little more than a online price at a local supply store, no ups headache. Cheers.

Growing up on a dairy farm I should have thought of this first.
http://hambydairysupply.com/xcart/home.php?cat=316

Great find!! The OP probably doesn't need the accuracy and repeatability demanded of scales for commerce so the expense of a scale for trade isn't necessary.

I love getting a peak into industries that I haven't encountered before, starts the creative process going with "What can I do with that new item?" ideas in mind.

Back