Mead! Mead! Mead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyMike

Reaction score
Greetings,
After some much needed time off from work, I look into my pantry with a smile of satisfaction and anticipation. I have just shy of 7 gallons of Snowberry honey mead, 2 gallons of wildflower honey mead (half dark mountain wildflower and half local wildflower honey) and 1 gallon of blackberry honey mead as well as one gallon of buckwheat honey mead fermenting in the cool darkness. When I open the door I hear the burbling bubbles of the fermentation locks on each of the jugs and see the :Dchurning elixir of the Gods as the yeast turns the sweet goodness into an alcoholic bliss of a drink. As I know I must be patient for the mead to reach it's full potential, I can almost taste it already. Only a matter of months or even a year for it to mature to it's greatest. In the meantime, I have some home-made wines of the strawberry, peach and elderberry varieties to consume as well as some 3 (I think) year old blueberry mead as well as some cider. It is a great time indeed! Cheers, Mike

I have wanted to try snowberry honey in a mead, I have a great distributer with excellent quality honey and they sell it, but I have no idea what it tastes like. I contacted them and they said it is it's own flavor. Didn't help much, any way you can describe the taste?

Back