Me on NPR talking about homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climateboy

Reaction score
Hey, all.

A buddy of mine is a reporter for NPR and did a story on homebrewing. He interviewed Charlie Papazian, another homebrewer, and myself. He came over to my place the day after my first all-grain with my new all-grain equipment, so everything was still out and my brain was jammed full of brewing minutiae.

Anyway, the link is below. I'm the James Warner he refers to, and my segment is mostly him pulling out the most arcane terms (to a layman) that came out in an hour-and-a-half information dump.

Everything I learned I learned from HBT.com. I told him that, but he didn't use it. Enjoy.

Forget The Pub, Brew Your Own : NPR

You are famous. That is awesome. It's too bad all the super conservatives would rather drink windex while punching a pregnant monkey than listen to NPR. I however, will check it out.

Nice job oh famous one!
thbowdown.gif

At the end he says that bottle for bottle, it doesn't cost much less than if you were to buy it at a store. Some of the craft brew I like costs damn near $9-$10 a sixer. If you were brewing an AG batch, wouldnt it be far cheaper to brew it yourself? maybe he's factoring the cost of the brew kit into it all.. hmmmm.

I actually just listened to this this morning (I have a custom NPR podcast feed for anything about beer or brewing). The one thing I noticed is that they made it seem like it took about two weeks from boiling to drinking... but way cool that you got interviewed!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed listening...I tried my best to cover everything, but that will never happen as we all know. Sigafoos, I think they used the phrase "bottle ready" at two weeks, meaning ready to bottle, not drink, but it wasn't totally clear.

At the end of the day, one more step in the march towards total homebrewing world domination.

Yeah, but he's funnier, and a good friend of mine, which is how all this happened in the first place.

Back