May 4th beer is due. Help me schedule it out please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSlash

Reaction score
I have a Bee Cave Haus Brew fermenting now. It was brewed last Thursday and was bubbling away that night. I want it ready to go into growlers by May 4th. So April 7th to May 4th is the time frame.

My thoughts..

Primary 14 days to the 21st.
Put in kegerator to cold crash at 40ish for 3-4 days
Keg and put on 12psi for 10 days.
May 4th Serve!

Can anyone help make that more optimal? Primary longer, less cold crash? Primary longer, cold crash longer, force carb a bit?

If you don't mind some sediment you can cold crash in the keg while getting the first 3-4 days of carbing in at the same time.

I did think about that.. No experience though... Does all the sediment come out on the first pint?

So you're thinking leave in primary 14 days. Make sure its fermented out, then keg and let sit?

Primary 14 (use a clean fast yeast like s-04), skip the cold crash, use gelatin in the keg, and carb for 2 weeks. I do this with almost all my simple ales and they turn out great. Pitch a healthy dose of yeast....that speeds things up quite a bit.

Any sediment should come out in the first pint, maybe the second if there is a lot, but there shouldn't be to much after 14 days. You can also cut a bit of your dip tube off so it doesn't get any sediment but leaves a little bit of beer in the bottom, also a good idea if you ever plan to naturally carb in your keg at some point. I also agree with thew suggestions from WVbrewer, great ideas but I'm guessing your yeast is already pitched, but could be good for the next time you need a quick beer!

Recipe called for Danstar Nottingham so I used that. s-04 was an alternative so assume close. Read up on gelatin a bit, sounds interesting... Can always cold crash to get it cold, then rack onto geletin in the keg... Carb 2 weeks.

Thanks all =)

Back