Maxi cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz76

Reaction score
Hi all ive been a bit slow ordering a new keg for my home set up and I've now run dry. Can i just do a pipe clean and leave water in lines with cooler running intil keg arrives or do i have to shut down completely.
Thanks Gaz

Assuming the beer that was in the keg that just kicked was sanitary (no major microbial contamination), you're probably better off leaving beer in the lines than water. If you introduce non sanitized water, bugs could potentially grow.

That said, beer lines, faucets, etc. really should be cleaned and sanitized at every keg change.

Hi all ive been a bit slow ordering a new keg for my home set up and I've now run dry. Can i just do a pipe clean and leave water in lines with cooler running intil keg arrives or do i have to shut down completely.
Thanks Gaz
This usually happens to me when I don't have a new beer to add immediately to my keezer. I've rigged up a garden sprayer with a ball lock post (see: DIY Beer Line Cleaner ). That way I can pump a bit of sanitizer into the line to keep it clean until the next beer goes on tap.

Back