Maxed out mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewmike

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon igloo cooler mashtun, no big all grain beers here. Now I plan on buying a 10 gallon igloo cooler in the near future, but in the mean time. My question is when using DME or LME to supplement what should be used?

Whichever you like. Just use an online calculator or program to work the numbers up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I did a recipe that called for 12.75lbs if grain, that one topped my 5 gallon tun.

I already have a 10 gallon one. Just changed the be bazooka.

totally a matter of personal preference. DME keeps better, so if you use LME make sure to get something fresh instead of the old dusty can.

Preference. I buy dme from a bulk container and it keeps well in my cool storage, so I use that. It can also be precisely measured and the rest saved for later. The important thing it's to get a good brand that is fermentable without added sugar. Any name brand can be researched online for its fermentability a shouldn't have sugars added.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Back