Masstoberfest 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paulthenurse said:
I thought about changing my avatar once but the one I use looks so much like me that it would be a shame to change
You had better not change it. I wish I knew her name.

paulthenurse said:
I just ferment them, I don't off them. Or any other verb for that matter. But how can you be the authority on what yeast is best for tough fermentations if you don't experiment?

Valid point!

I'm glad it doesn't!

How does a sales call go?

Buyer: Hi
M: Hi, I'm with Acme Radioactive Stuff Inc. Would you like to buy some radioactive stuff?
Buyer: Why yes I would. Do you happen to have any cesium?
M: Yes, we do. I have to ask, are you a terrorist?
Buyer: No, of course not. What kind of question is that? If I were a terrorist, would I tell you?
M: Well, sir, you have a point but it is something I have to ask. So how much cesium would you like? Would you also like some Uranium? We have that on 2 for 1 special this week. Or are you more of Carbon-14 kind of guy?

Those kinds of folks are always trying to shave a bit off. Do they ask questions like: Ok so if the half-life of this is 500,000 years and I am buying 500g, are you going to make sure that the sample weights 500g when we receive it or is that shipping weight? Because if that is shipping weight, I want a discount!

On another note, wife has informed me that we can no longer share our bed with the Masstoberfest trophy. I will move it to just within arms reach to keep Mommymem happy, if Mommymem is happy, everybody is happy.

I thought about changing my avatar once but the one I use looks so much like me that it would be a shame to change

No, your boobs are bigger. She's almost as cute as you, though.

One of the admittedly meager qualifications one must have to win the Cup is that you must actually brew at Masstoberfest to be eligible to win.

Damn, now I'll never be eligible to win! Even if I manage to get there next year (and I'm saving my pennies now), I can't bring my brewing rig. We need to change the rules if I"m to have any chance at all.

Yooper said:
No, your boobs are bigger. She's almost as cute as you, though.

Damn, now I'll never be eligible to win! Even if I manage to get there next year (and I'm saving my pennies now), I can't bring my brewing rig. We need to change the rules if I"m to have any chance at all.

I bet you could borrow one....

Yoop, you get yourself here and we'll have a rig for you. Hell I'll even arrange it so you can be guest brewer at the Bog while you're here. I know the owner.

Yeah, but he doesn't like you. So don't tell him we're friends, or he might not even let me buy beer in his place.

Seriously, I came thisclose to making it this year and I will try my damndest next year by saving a little starting right now.

I'm tired of you guys having fun without me!

Yooper said:
Yeah, but he doesn't like you. So don't tell him we're friends, or he might not even let me buy beer in his place.

Seriously, I came thisclose to making it this year and I will try my damndest next year by saving a little starting right now.

I'm tired of you guys having fun without me!

He doesn't like Paul in public.

sorry... wrong thread.

WTF is this thread even still doing up?? The six-person cookout with pork jerky (seriously... do you see pictures of that thing?) is over. Can we all move on?

Back