Mask beer smell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewer1222

Reaction score
Might keep my fermenter in my dorm room! Any tips for hiding/masking the smell?

hmm give me 1 sec. I brew in my dorm room and have found a way to eliminate all smell from my 3 carboys :p

I made a post a few months ago but sadly every time i post it everyone quickly ignores it and lets it slip away

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/mad-scientist-lab-scentless-beermaking-98334/

there ya go.
As you can see in this pix I have upgraded it a tad lol. But yeah. You wont have any smell indoors at all.

here is a pix of the same setup but i drilled 2 more holes and now have 3 carboys at a time.

Keep in mind to put a sock or mesh at the end of the hose going out the window as well as have that hose end being the only one above the water in the sanitized sealed bucket :p

beer-1.jpg

Oh my bed i sleep in is 2 feet to the right of this setup btw lol

Ozone Generator or O3 Generator
Not only do they remove any stinch from the air, they generate Ozone, kill mold, & air born bacteria and viruses.

unless you're mashing and boiling in your dorm room, i wouldn't worry about the smell at all.

Maybe wrap a dryer sheet around your airlock? We used to do this for smokin goody goodies in the dorm.

We used to call the sploofs. Take a couple drier sheets and stuff them in a paper towel or toilet paper tube. If you're using a 3 piece airlock I'm sure that'll slide right over the airlock and be just as effective. I don't normally get bad odors from fermentation except for the random sulfur smells from certain yeast strains.

You could try burning inscents but it being a dorm room iam not sure
i would want all that smoke in there.

I'm not sure you're making your motivation clear. Is the problem that you don't like the smell (if any) of fermenting beer, or is it that you aren't allowed to do this in your dorm, so are trying not to draw attention?

Back