Mash Bill Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tippers

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently making a mash bill for a Whisky Wash I am going to brew and then distill however I feel like my calculations are wrong. Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 20.35.59.png

I am looking for 70% Barley and 30% Oats but why is the weight of what I need exactly the same?

Not entirely sure what your calculations are doing there but if you want a much easier way to calculate a grain bill try brewersfriend.com.

I don't know if in your process, you boil to hit your specific OG or that's what you want straight out of your mash tun but a brewing calculator like BrewFather or Brewers Friend will help you with your grain bill and expected OG.

96 / 320 = 0.3 = 30%. the 320 is the 96+224 GU's
Whatever those GU's are is doing it. Are they glucose units or some goofy efficiency unit? It's only math and those figures did exactly what you wanted them to do. I would not expect my barley to extract 2.5 times as much fermentable sugar as any form of oats but those factors that you are using say that is the case. Maybe try a distilling discussion board?
homebrudoc

Back