Marks keg washer PBW question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
I have searched but not found an answer to this particular question. I have recently got a marks keg washer (I have just started kegging) and going through the package it's great and watching the videos of it in action on YouTube and such have helped a ton, but the one thing I can't find is. How much PBW to use when using the device. I know after using the PBW I have to rinse then sanitize so I am ready for that.

So vouch of the PBW do you mix in roughly 2.5 gallons of water?

Thanks in advance

I probably throw in a few oz. hot tap water, let it sit at least 24 hrs., then rinse it with my washer. Comes out super clean.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think I end up putting around 1.5 gallons in, which seems to be an appropriate amount. I just use the dilution on the PBW label. 0.75 oz/gallon, I believe.

Does anyone have issues with Foaming while running their washer? I'm probably using too much PBW/Oxy in my washer, or maybe the water isn't hot enough, but I get a crapton of foam.

Back