Mark 2 keg and carboy washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitte10

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had used a product called the mark 2 keg and carboy washer be for.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/mark-ii-keg-carboy-washer.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5IHEBRCLr_PZvq2_6qcBEiQAL4cQ026uLogY3WJlRcDmbW6xY8OsGC1GsDMxnYPntZdPSbsaAstc8P8HAQ

I have been using a drill carboy cleaner with 2 cleaning pads that works great but it is so tight getting it in and out I have now chipped 2 carboys not from the cleaning/drilling but from taking it in and out.

If anyone has used it my question is does it work for the tougher stuck on hop rings and krausen.

Or is there any other products you guys would recommend.

Thanks again for all your help.

I have one that I use for my glass carboys and plastic buckets. I think it is a great thing to have but it is not an end-all be-all.

I love it because it is a set it and forget it deal and it uses only a gallon of sanitizer or cleaner. It does not take away the need for a carboy brush however. I will empty the carboy, rinse it out, add about 1/2 gallon of the hottest tap water and then use the brush to get the krausen ring cleaned up. Then it goes on the washer to get the final and small things.

While not as great at cleaning as they tout, it is worth the cost
:mug:

I have one that I use for my glass carboys and plastic buckets. I think it is a great thing to have but it is not an end-all be-all.

I love it because it is a set it and forget it deal and it uses only a gallon of sanitizer or cleaner. It does not take away the need for a carboy brush however. I will empty the carboy, rinse it out, add about 1/2 gallon of the hottest tap water and then use the brush to get the krausen ring cleaned up. Then it goes on the washer to get the final and small things.

While not as great at cleaning as they tout, it is worth the cost
:mug:

Thanks for your anwser what kind of cleaner and sanitizer are you using I normally use pbw and starsan but worried that the starsan will bubble like crazy and overflow in seconds.

I have one and it is the greatest thing ever. It washes my SS Brewtech fermenters, washes my kegs, and after getting the right parts and hooking it all up it will also wash my entire tap system and all my lines.

I absolutely love the thing. Worth every cent. Just don't' leave the pump submerged in PBW for days at at time because the impleller will seperate from it's shaft (it is only glued on in there).

**Yes, the PBW will foam up some but you just have to deal with it. Starsan is only to sanitize, not to clean off gunk, but it also foams up.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had used a product called the mark 2 keg and carboy washer be for.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/m...WJlRcDmbW6xY8OsGC1GsDMxnYPntZdPSbsaAstc8P8HAQ

I have been using a drill carboy cleaner with 2 cleaning pads that works great but it is so tight getting it in and out I have now chipped 2 carboys not from the cleaning/drilling but from taking it in and out.

If anyone has used it my question is does it work for the tougher stuck on hop rings and krausen.

Or is there any other products you guys would recommend.

Thanks again for all your help.

I have one. It did not do a good job of cleaning my carboys or my kegs. I used PBW. Probably works better with hot water, but I just used cold.

I modified the top of mine since it just shot a single stream of water which didn't get good coverage at all.

In the unlikely event that you live nearby, you can have mine. Come and get it.

I have one and it is the greatest thing ever. It washes my SS Brewtech fermenters, washes my kegs, and after getting the right parts and hooking it all up it will also wash my entire tap system and all my lines.

I absolutely love the thing. Worth every cent. Just don't' leave the pump submerged in PBW for days at at time because the impleller will seperate from it's shaft (it is only glued on in there).

**Yes, the PBW will foam up some but you just have to deal with it. Starsan is only to sanitize, not to clean off gunk, but it also foams up.
I'm not to worried about the pbw cause it wouldn't foam anything like the starsan does but I would like to use it to sanitize as well thanks for your input sounds like it is worth the hundred bucks

I have one. It did not do a good job of cleaning my carboys or my kegs. I used PBW. Probably works better with hot water, but I just used cold.

I modified the top of mine since it just shot a single stream of water which didn't get good coverage at all.

I actulay live very close to you I'm in Seminole and work in largo buy the Wal-Mart if your sure you don't want it if love to give it a shot thanks.

One of the best purchases I've made with brewing equipment. Uses less water and cleaner/sanitizer. Make sure to get Saniclean for your sanitizer and there is no problem with foam.

I actulay live very close to you I'm in Seminole and work in largo buy the Wal-Mart if your sure you don't want it if love to give it a shot thanks.

Well I'll be damned - that's a nice coincidence. You can have it on one condition: you don't try to give it back :)

I'll PM my address right now. I'm home all the time (I work from home). So come anytime.

I have nothing negative to say about Mark's washer because I've never used one but building a DIY keg and fermenter washer including a much more powerful pump isn't difficult and for me was less expensive than buying Mark's. I bought this sump pump for less than $50 (though it is more expensive now) which is very powerful https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X05G1A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 and does double duty pushing ice cold water from a tub through my immersion chiller when I want to cool wort below ground water temp. Harbor Freight also has many pond pumps for much less than what I paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing negative to say about Mark's washer because I've never used one but building a DIY keg and fermenter washer including a much more powerful pump isn't difficult and for me was less expensive than buying Mark's. I bought this sump pump for less than $50 (though it is more expensive now) which is very powerful https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X05G1A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 and does double duty pushing ice cold water from a tub through my immersion chiller when I want to cool wort below ground water temp. Harbor Freight also has many pond pumps for much less than what I paid.

That is cool. I have thought about (and actually pitched it to Mark) how cool it would be to just have the right parts to hook up one of my March pumps and just use that on top of my brew stand. Some set of stainless parts to act as a holder for kettles, etc, and some type of sump below, all hooked to a nice brew pump. Basically Mark's design, but SS, with a QD at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is cool. I have thought about (and actually pitched it to Mark) how cool it would be to just have the right parts to hook up one of my March pumps and just use that on top of my brew stand. Some set of stainless parts to act as a holder for kettles, etc, and some type of sump below, all hooked to a nice brew pump. Basically Mark's design, but SS, with a QD at the bottom.

Yea that would be very cool

Try it again with 130 PBW. You may change your mind. :)

I already gave it away to Smitte above. It's working well for him.

I'm happy doing kegs and fermentors by hand. The only downside is that I waste a lot more water (with the carboy fermentors).

Passedpawn thanks again and it is working great

What is 130 pbw

I am scheming a way to hook my 2 march pumps up in series and use my RIMS in the loop with a spray ball...

It's only an idea at this point, but i can tell you it's going to be great.

I am scheming a way to hook my 2 march pumps up in series and use my RIMS in the loop with a spray ball...

It's only an idea at this point, but i can tell you it's going to be great.

That sounds sweet please post pics when you do if love to see

Back