March 809 pump wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ox1574

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram for wiring two march pumps to a 2 gang box with a switch for each pump and incoming power from an extension cord?

Look on the back of the switches, you will see a on one side it says Line and the other side it says Load.

Bring your extension cord into the box. Connect the black wire from the extension cord to the side of the switch that says Line.
Take a piece of black jump wire and connect it from the other terminal on the line side to the line terminal of the second switch.
Wire the black wire from one pump to the load side of one switch
Wire the black wire from the second pump to the load side of the other switch.
Wire nut the Neutrals(white) from the pumps and extension cord together.
Wire nut the green or bare wires from the pumps and extension cord together.
Screw everything into place and you're done

Same gauge as the extension cord. I would not recommend anything smaller than 14awg for the extension cord

I cant remember if the breaker is a 15 or 20. So I guess I can just go with 12 gauge to handle 20 if needed.

OK so I wired my pumps up today. First one worked like a champ, and then the second one is getting power, but the fan won't turn and it making a humming/whining noise. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my wiring, so I removed the incoming power from the switches, and the pump off the switch. I then wired the extension cord straight to the pump and tested...still same issue. It is obviously getting power, but something is not right. Is it possible this pump is DOA? Could there be something caught inside that is keeping it from turning? Thanks

Back