Maple Infused Vodka

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineerAsh

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the threads on Maple Porters and I have yet to find one that has a definitive way of getting the maple flavor into the beer. I was think about infusing some vodka with maple syrup and then adding an ounce or 2 of the infusion at bottling. Has anyone tried this method?

I've been reading a lot of the threads on Maple Porters and I have yet to find one that has a definitive way of getting the maple flavor into the beer. I was think about infusing some vodka with maple syrup and then adding an ounce or 2 of the infusion at bottling. Has anyone tried this method?

Would this just be a mixture of vodka and maple syrup? If so, I don't see how this would add more flavor than just maple syrup. Plus it would add vodka flavor.

Yeah, it would be a mixture of the two. But in a concentrated form. So, quarter cup of maple syrup into 1/3 liter of Vodka. As others in other threads have said, vodka is a relatively neutral flavor so the maple syrup should shine through. Once I freeze it, the maple syrup should fall to the bottom of the container leaving the maple flavor in the vodka. Essentially, I don't want to introduce any more fermentables once I move to bottling.

Water is neutral flavour; vodka is not...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I said relatively. As compared to say bourbon. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get maple and bacon flavors into a beer without using extracts or dry hopping with bacon or priming with maple syrup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

Maple syrup barrels. Instead of a superficial flavor it deeply infuses the natural flavor and the smooth taste.

Back