maple brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
i have a friend that just moved from BC canada to California and he said he has a good cheep hook up for maple, so im thinking of trying to brew with it? i have used honey befor and i could barley taste it and all it did was up the abv, is there a way to get that maple flavor with out ending up with a high abv beer i want a brown ale thats around 6abv. but i want to taste that maple in it when i drink it. any ideas i was thinking of adding it into at secondary but still not sure if that would cause the yeast to go crazy again. any ideas?

There is a book called Clone Brews that has an 8abv recipe for a maple ale. I have since lost the book so unfortunately I am not much help. If you google Clone Brews I am sure you could find it. I am also positive that someone in this forum would have the book also. It sounds really good, let us know how it turns out when you make it!

Try adding fenugreek. Its an herb that has a maple syrup flavor. I would do the maple syrup at flameout and secondary...regardless of it the beer starts up again. Do a fuller-bodied beer so that as the maple thins it out it will still be balanced and keep your ABV in check

Yes I was thinking of adding it during secondary, hoping that would help keep some of the flavors in there

Back