Manifold problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
Just finished my 60qt mashtun with cpvc manifold. was doing leak tests and drainage tests when i noticed that my manifold wants to float up. I had to hold it down in order for it to drain. Is this normal with no grain in it? when i add grain and actually mash will the weight of the grain hold it down?

Just finished my 60qt mashtun with cpvc manifold. was doing leak tests and drainage tests when i noticed that my manifold wants to float up. I had to hold it down in order for it to drain. Is this normal with no grain in it? when i add grain and actually mash will the weight of the grain hold it down?

The weight of the grain will definitly hold it down. It will also displace a lot of the water around the manifold, getting rid of a great deal of the boyancy affect you are getting without grains.

I was hoping to see an answer like that. It drains beautifully only leaving 6OZ in bottom of the cooler. now to test it for real.

Back