Mangrove jacks temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22 cups of coffee

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought a temperature controller and have set it at 2° C
Instructions say the temp must be warmer to set it, it was.
Do I have to warm the fridge up when I want to ferment at 10° in s few days time?
Instructions -
"Please make sure that the value set is less than the actual temperature inside inside the fridge "
Thanks

Greetings, and welcome to HBT! :mug:
Which Mangrove Jack controller do you have? If it's their dual controller you can control both your fridge and a small heat source. With that, the controller can maintain your desired fermentation temperature within the differential range you allow...

Cheers!

The fridge has its own thermostat, set to a specific value that you may or may not be able to control natively (sometimes it's a dial). If you set the external thermostat to 10 C, the fridge is almost definitely set to be lower than that. When the thermostat turns the fridge on to cool back to 10 C, the fridge itself will always think it needs to start cooling because it's well above where it's own thermostat is set. My fridge is a wine fridge, and could only go down to 10 C on its own, so to be able to use it bellow that I had to locate the fridge's thermometer probe and have it outside the fridge, reading ambient temperatures.

In other words, if you set your external thermostat bellow what your fridge's internal thermostat is set to, your external thermostat won't be controlling anything. If you set it above what your fridge is set to, it will control to whatever temperature you set it to.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have just bought a temperature controller and have set it at 2° C
Instructions say the temp must be warmer to set it, it was.
Do I have to warm the fridge up when I want to ferment at 10° in s few days time?
Instructions -
"Please make sure that the value set is less than the actual temperature inside inside the fridge "
Thanks

thanks, will do.

Latest posts

Back