Mangrove Jack's apple cider question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger

Bridge four
Reaction score
Greetings

I'm new to home brewing and currently have a batch of mangrove Jack's cider fermenting. I followed the instructions to the letter and t has been fermenting since Jan 7.

My question is, has anyone ever made this before (from the kit) and followed the directions to the letter? I ask because it says that after 1 week it is ready to bottle but I've still got substantial movement in the airlock

Thanks

Andrew

Fermentation time can be a bit tricky to nail down. Could have been a bit slower due to temperature, or other factors, but a slower ferment will give you a better product in the end. Once you're down to about 1 bubble per minute, you should be good to bottle. Cheers, and welcome to the addiction.

edit: that is of course assuming you don't have a hydrometer. If you have a hydrometer you should use that to determine when your cider has completed it's fermentation.

Last edited:
Second the above. What's your ferm temp? Use m02 yeast and it's great!!!

I normally let my ciders ferment for 2-5 weeks in primary but depends on temp and other factors (like alcohol content or yeast used)

Back