Mango ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simcoe26

Reaction score
12 lbs 2 row
.8lbs victory

1oz centennial fwh
.5 Mosaic @20
2oz citra @0
.5 comet @0

1oz citra
1oz Mosaic
.5oz comet
All dry hop for 5 days

White labs 001

7lbs fresh mango puree in secondary.

Any thoughts or critiques

Personally I would double the flameout and dry hop additions but that just my personal taste. Seems like your going for more of the mango flavor/aroma with the hops behind it?

That citra is going to power over the comet in my opinion,

but that hop timing looks good.

I am attempting a barrelhouse brewing mango ipa. It was 6.2 percent with 45 ibus lots of mango upfront with some citrus following but not sweet at all. I have never used comet before but everything I read say they are incredibly powerful as dry hops and lots of grapefruit peel

I just recently made a pale ale using Vic Secret hops (all pacifica in boil and 2.75oz vic secret in dry ho ponly), and it had soooo much mango smell and tropical fruit flavor, I think if I was going to target the mango for an IPA, the vic secret would be in there as a dry hop for sure!

I would love to use Vic secret but I just placed my hop order and that unfortunately was not on it. But it will be on the next one

Latest posts

Back